Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Family Fun Lutsen

My homie Tom hit me with a Lutsen trip idea, a ride in and ride out condo and a long weekend of shred with Tom and Kop sounded great to me after a short yet fun trip to Whitefish. Feeling like I hadn't ridden enough this season I needed another strong trip to focus on ripping with homies. No contests no expectations just some riding. We launched toward Spirit on the Thursday morning to meet up with Eric Christopherson and get some runs. It had just ice stormed a day or two before we went up. It provided interesting conditions and features which we would rip all weekend. The riding was fast and the fun factor high.


Eric about to rip Spirit's ice pipe


Ripping it


Kop getting some


Way up north is mining country


Crazy big equipment


Lake Superior views on Moose Mtn


Ice Trees all weekend Lutsen was closed Wednesday prior to our Thursday arrival


Kop Ice tree ollie to ice landing


Mystery Mtn


Switch Run Challenge on Eagle Mtn


Eagle Mtn


Midday beer break on the porch


View from the porch


Eric groomed the park Saturday night and came out to ride Sunday


Kop stoked on the sun


Tom too


Celebrate Hamms


Number 1

Trip was fun, thanks Tom for driving! I hope to get some video of us tearing around Eagle soon form Kopish.
I'll blast that when I can.

No comments: